We have an email list approval process in place. In our continuing efforts to help reduce the amount of spam emails being sent around the world everyday we must check that everyone sending emails with us has the permission from people who are receiving their email.
What is the approval process?
This is MailGlo's process to ensure everyone using our service is sending email to those who have given their consent to receive them.
How does the process work?
We have set tiers of approved email numbers the 'send limit'. All MailGlo's customers are assigned an approval tier at the start of their account with us. Once you start to send a greater quantity of emails which are outside of your approved tier, we will ask you some simple questions about how you obtained the emails.
Our approval team will review the information that you provide us and notify you as quickly as we can of our decision. Once approved you are able to immediately send your email. You will also be able to add more email addresses to your lists within your approved 'send limit'. We only ask for verification when you significantly add more emails to your list.
Once you have been approved, your email will NOT automatically be sent, you will be able to edit the email and send in the normal way.
Note: During the approval process you are still able to send your normal numbers of email you were sending before the approval process.
The process will start at the point when you send an email on Step 3, only if the number of emails you are sending are above your current 'send limit'.
How long does the approval process take?
We will work to approve your lists as quickly as we can, please allow up to 12 hours on weekdays, the majority of approvals happen within a few hours.
Conditions of use
- A single-click unsubscribe link that instantly removes the subscriber from your list. These are automatically added to your email.
- The name and email address of the sender should be accurate and not misleading.
Proof of permission
At the start of the approval process you will need to complete a short form with some explanations. You can use the following checklist to make sure you cover everything:
- List all the different ways you've collected email addresses. For example, did some come from a business card collection, in-store sign ups, and some on your website?
- Provide either written or digital proof of permission, for example: URLs for online subscribe forms, scanned copies of offline signups, copies of confirmed opt-in by personal email correspondence.
- Be descriptive and specific about the actions subscribers took to opt in. Telling us, "They signed up at our trade shows and in our store" is good, but it's not enough. We need to know exactly how or why they signed up at those places.
- If your recipients are paying customers, tell us how long ago they were customers, and how often you've emailed them since they purchased from you.
- For offline signups, explain in detail how people actually joined. For example, did they verbally agree to be added to your list at a conference, or sign a form during a business meeting?
What about the content of my email - does that matter?
Yes, very much so. If we think you are sending spam we will take quick action to limit your ability to send email with us. Please do not misuse our system to send spam email.
We thank you in advance for your patience while the approval process is going on. It is very important for you and all our users for us to provide a reliable and efficient service.